Re: Water-Base Clear Flat Coating

Ken Adams

I tried some Vallejo 70.520 Matte Varnish yesterday for covering some chalk mark decals added over previous weathering washes and would not recommend it  Now going back to rattle can Tamiya TS-80 clear flat.

I will lightly dust Bragdon Enterprises light beige weathering powder over that clear flat coat when dry. That usually kills any remaining sheen.  I haven't tried the light "Israeli Sand" powders from Vallejo or AK yet.  I'll have to experiment for back ups just in case I loose the Bragdon powders supply.  These days one has to be prepared in case a small US manufacturer in this case, I think a family business disappears suddenly.

--
Ken Adams
Omicron BA2.2 may come and go but I still live mostly in splendid Shelter In Place solitude