From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) <claus@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2022 11:23 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Tank Cars At Refinery (1949)

Hi Bob and List Members,

Thanks Bob for the nice image

I think the tank car closest to the camera is GPCX 282, or maybe 288.

According to http://www.nakina.net/other/report/reportg.html the reporting marks GPCX belong to General Petroleum Corp on the date of this photograph

I want to say the other tank car has GATX reporting marks, but the lettering is unclear and tough to decipher, so cannot say for sure.

Claus Schlund

On 18-Jun-22 10:58, Bob Chaparro via groups.io wrote:

Photo: Tank Cars At Refinery (1949)

A photo from the Gateway To Oklahoma History website:

https://gateway.okhistory.org/ark:/67531/metadc1551992/m1/1/?q=Loading

“Photograph of the railroad loading site at the Slayer Refining Company, 2201 Northeast 2nd Street, Oklahoma City, OK, as it appeared in May, 1949.”

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA