https://www.narrowgaugemodeling.com/tru-color-paint/

Kevin
NGMC

On 2022-06-25 17:20, Ken Adams wrote:
I was going through the paint section in my local hobby shop and I
came upon a rattle can of TCP-4011 Dark Primer. This was new to me as
I had no previous knowledge that TCP was making any primers. My
standard has been the Tamiya series of surface primers which have
worked well for the last 10 years for me.
Has anyone had relatable experience with the Tru-Color primers and
TCP-4011 Dark Primer in particular. Does it have as good a spray
nozzle as the very reliable Tamiya fine spray products. Does it coat
well on a single pass over raw grey plastic models? Is the spray at
least as fine as the Tamiya primers? The LHS clerk thought it is an
even finer spray than the Tamiya primers.
Does anyone know the provenance of the Tamiya spray can primers. On
the Can it says it is made for manufactured for Tru-Color Paint but no
actual location of manufacture is indicated. Is it truly a US/North
American manufactured product. Of course I know very well that Tamiya
is Japanese in origin and with recent problems with
international/intercontinental supply chains I am always anxious to
develop US/North American product sources whenever possible even if
just as a backup.
Looking forward to answers from other modelers who have actually tried
the Tru-Color rattle can primer product.
--
Ken Adams
Omicron BA2.2 may come and go but I still live mostly in splendid
Shelter In Place solitude
Location: About half way up Walnut Creek
Links:
------
[1] https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/message/193518
[2] https://groups.io/mt/91992102/645454