Re: InterMountain C&O 1937 boxcar with Deco Ends

Charlie Duckworth

Bill
You have a great sense of humor….

While the AK water color pencils can be dipped in water I also just draw with them as a normal colored pencil but the lead is softer and allows you to blend it.  I bought the rust color set but haven’t had them that long so I haven’t really mastered the heavy rust you see on some cars.  As others have commented there’s a lot of weathering techniques done by the 1/35 armor modelers that are museum quality and that’s were I get many of my ideas in doing our HO freight cars.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.