Re: Thoughts on PFE Orange

Tony Thompson

Jerry Michels  wrote:

Unless there is a reason to reproduce a fleet of freight cars, reefers included, in their as-delivered scheme, the base color is not terribly important.  A spectrum of color representing the effects of weathering produces much more appealing models.

As a general statement about modeling, Jerry, I am in full agreement. But for PFE, since they washed cars frequently, I think the statement needs adjustment. Starting with the “right’ color seems to me a good idea for PFE, though less important for many car owners.

.Tony Thompson