Re: PFE VS SANTA FE ORANGE

Robert kirkham

Thanks for the photos of Richard’s models Tony.

I don’t have a memory of Richard sharing a lot of photos on email lists like this; my recollection was about the help he provided with model and prototype information - mostly helping someone else’s project.  So it's just awesome that you can share these images.    They speak to me - saying so much about the kind of modelling I want to strive for.

Rob

On Jun 27, 2022, at 11:50 AM, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

For completeness, I should mention that the bulk of Richard’s SFRD models were pretty dirty, not like the one I just showed. Below is a more typical example of his view of SFRD appearance. Here Jerry Michel’s comment is VERY relevant.
I should also mention that he worked with Athearn when they did the SFRD frozen food car, Rr-30, IIRC, and it is certainly a light orange.

Tony Thompson

<RR-27.jpg>