Re: PFE VS SANTA FE ORANGE

Tim O'Connor

Nelson

I have only used Accupaint MEC Harvest Yellow so I can't vouch for any of the others.
Accupaint never varies, in my experiences with it.

To me, the color looks like SFRD color that has faded a bit. For a brand new car, I might
add something like a few drops of CN orange (the really bright orange) and maybe a drop
or two of a red color.

When I painted PFE, I mixed colors to match the plates in the PFE book, and I do my mixing
under 300W (LED equivalent) 5000K lamps. :-D

Tim O'Connor

On 6/27/2022 4:16 PM, Nelson Moyer wrote:

I think Harvest Yellow color depends on manufactures and data of manufacture. The currently available Harvest Yellow seem too yellow to me. This reminds me of Sunshine instructions for reefers where sometimes the color recommendation was pumpkin yellow and sometimes pumpkin orange. So which is it? Pumpkins don’t fade or change color, so pumpkin color is pumpkin color, whether you call it yellow or orange.

Nelson Moyer