Re: PFE VS SANTA FE ORANGE

Nelson Moyer

I didn’t get into model railroading until after Accupaint went away, so I don’t have any point of comparison. I’ve pretty much settled on four of the fade colors on the attachment I posted earlier. If anyone wants to look at the dots and offer suggestions, I’m open to change.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2022 4:00 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] PFE VS SANTA FE ORANGE

Nelson

I have only used Accupaint MEC Harvest Yellow so I can't vouch for any of the others.
Accupaint never varies, in my experiences with it.

To me, the color looks like SFRD color that has faded a bit. For a brand new car, I might
add something like a few drops of CN orange (the really bright orange) and maybe a drop
or two of a red color.

When I painted PFE, I mixed colors to match the plates in the PFE book, and I do my mixing
under 300W (LED equivalent) 5000K lamps. :-D