Re: PFE VS SANTA FE ORANGE

Steve SANDIFER

I assume folks realize that ATSF changed their reefer color in 1956 from the yellow orange to a brighter orange. Here is a photo of the original yellow on an Intermountain ice reefer and the color drift card for the new color which Rapido is using on their RR-56 project.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Chaparro via groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2022 10:46 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] PFE VS SANTA FE ORANGE

Very late in their careers, some of the Santa Fe's ice bunker reefers were painted the same orange usually associated with their later mechanical reefers.
Here is a Chard Walker photo.
Somewhere in my files I have a photo of two Santa Fe ice bunker reefers together, one orange and one yellow.

Bob Chaparro

Moderator

Railroad Citrus Industry Modeling Group

https://groups.io/g/RailroadCitrusIndustryModelingGroup