From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Parker via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 4:07 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Easy grab iron bending jig

This is the jig I use to bend grabs in a variety of lengths -- a simple carpenter's shim.  I usually bend the first leg with pliers to get a good crisp 90, then put the wire on the wedge and fold over the second bend, and then make final adjustments again with pliers..  The pencil marks indicate some prior usages, including times when I have needed to tweak the lengths slightly to match NBWs or ladder stiles on the car-body.

For drop grabs, I just use that trick of a set of pliers with "stop" made from a piece of tape positioned on one jaw face.  This easily forms the downward bends to complete the grab.

--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA