Re: SOME FINAL THOUGHTS ON SANTGA FE REFERS AND COLORS

Tim O'Connor

Tom

Good points by Bill Pardie, and I still think that's a good color for a FADED car.

But Bill's point that the SFRD and PFE colors are similar is very hard to dispute !!

I stuck a bunch of images together to try and capture a few variations. I'm sure if I
spent much longer at it I could compose many almost identical images side by side. :-)

But this sample may be enough to convey the idea.

On 6/29/2022 9:17 PM, Tom Madden via groups.io wrote:
Ted's Essential Freight Cars article on SFRD reefers is #33 and was polished in the April 2006 issue of RMC, page 92. Most of the article discusses the InterMountain/Longs Drug kit, but in the last two pages he discusses the soon-to-be-released Sunshine kits. He painted these MEC Harvest Yellow.

Tom Madden

Sterling, Massachusetts