Re: Hide Cars - perhaps not the last wood, however....

Tim O'Connor

Hubert

Or perhaps just an assortment of hide loading stencils ?? I'm sure there are many variations ! :-)

Tim

On 6/30/2022 10:27 AM, hubert mask wrote:
When walking a interchange inspection I could smell a hide car car links away.  It would certainly wake you up. I do a decal set for the old wood side and steel side rock island car

Hubert

On Jun 30, 2022, at 9:22 AM, Charlie Duckworth via groups.io <Worth51@...> wrote:

I recall when I was working once a boxcar was loaded with hides it was no longer deemed fit for any other service and was the lowest class of cars.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Sterling, Massachusetts