From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of "Gatwood, Elden J SAD" <elden.j.gatwood@...>
Date: Friday, July 1, 2022 at 9:26 AM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [URL Verdict: Neutral][Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Hide Cars - perhaps not the last wood, however....

Fritz;

Here is my model of an offal gon, done at the direction of Al Buchan, who witnessed these cars in action.

Apparently, they used gons on their last legs, coated on the inside with asphaltum,  but they leaked anyways.

He said they originated at slaughterhouses and meatpacking plants that generated a lot of guts and body liquids, and smelled so bad they were consistently mis-routed so yard crews didn’t lose their lunch.

This particular car represents one in a famous “sloshing by hard coupling” incident in which a brakeman was inundated.

Al said the car was “spot on”.

Hope this helps,

Elden Gatwood