Re: Built-Up Resin Kits

Tim O'Connor

Bill Welch was a meticulous person and planned ahead so I have not asked because I just assume that
he gave them away or turned them over to someone else. His collection was extremely impressive by the
early 1990's - after he'd been modeling only for a few years - so I imagine the final collection was just
incredibly wonderful models. Wherever they ended up I hope they are well cared for. :-)

Tim O'Connor

On 7/1/2022 1:50 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:
The references to the sale of built up boxcars bought to mind a topic that I had almost forgotten.A reference was made to the work of quality modelers selling at a premium.
Bill Welch has ben a major player on the Prototype Community for over fifteen yearts.  What has become of his collection on his passing?  I hzave spoken to several members
who were involved in the Memoial Tribute to Bill and they have no idea.  I had heard that some of his airplane models (Yes, he was into that as well) were sold at a prototype
meet. There has, however, been no mention to my knowledge as to what has happened to his marvelous freight cars.

Does anyone have any information?

Bill Pardie

Sterling, Massachusetts