Bill's models, was Re: [RealSTMFC] Built-Up Resin Kits

Bruce Smith

It is my understanding from a couple of members of this list that Bill’s models are in good hands and are being inventoried. I do not know if they will make it onto a platform, such as eBay or Stouts’ Auction (where Frank Peacock’s collection was recently sold.)

Regards,

Bruce

Bruce Smith

Auburn, Al

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Reply-To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Date: Friday, July 1, 2022 at 2:05 PM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Built-Up Resin Kits

CAUTION: Email Originated Outside of Auburn.

Bill Welch was a meticulous person and planned ahead so I have not asked because I just assume that
he gave them away or turned them over to someone else. His collection was extremely impressive by the
early 1990's - after he'd been modeling only for a few years - so I imagine the final collection was just
incredibly wonderful models. Wherever they ended up I hope they are well cared for. :-)

Tim O'Connor

On 7/1/2022 1:50 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:

The references to the sale of built up boxcars bought to mind a topic that I had almost forgotten.A reference was made to the work of quality modelers selling at a premium.

Bill Welch has ben a major player on the Prototype Community for over fifteen yearts.  What has become of his collection on his passing?  I hzave spoken to several members 

who were involved in the Memoial Tribute to Bill and they have no idea.  I had heard that some of his airplane models (Yes, he was into that as well) were sold at a prototype 

meet. There has, however, been no mention to my knowledge as to what has happened to his marvelous freight cars.

Does anyone have any information?

Bill Pardie 

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.