Re: Built-Up Resin Kits

WILLIAM PARDIE

Hi Tim:

I have intended to contact you thus week but lately it seems that when I get up on the morning I am already two hours behind.

I see that Dan Smith contacted you on the Intermountain roofs for the CB&T refers.  I emailed him this morning asking if he might gave a few.

In the past few years I have come to realize that I could never build all the kits that I have.  Yet I have rarely bought a kit that I didn't want.  Thus I have bought some built up models from modelers that I hold in high esteem and passed the kits on to friends on the mainland. 

That takes us to the Bill Welch collection.  I was actually casting a net this morning.  I has heard that Ted Culotts was named executor from Bill's estate  ( at least the railroad part).  Ted seems to be in his second "Dark Phase" so who knows what is happening.

I made my airline reservations for Collinsville last week.   United's website and I are ar two ends of tue spectrum but I got it done .  Several years ago I was charged twenty five times for my itinerary.   Rectifying a $35,000.00 airline bill was an adventure.

Stay safe my friend:

Bill

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/1/22 9:05 AM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Built-Up Resin Kits

Bill Welch was a meticulous person and planned ahead so I have not asked because I just assume that
he gave them away or turned them over to someone else. His collection was extremely impressive by the
early 1990's - after he'd been modeling only for a few years - so I imagine the final collection was just
incredibly wonderful models. Wherever they ended up I hope they are well cared for. :-)

Tim O'Connor

On 7/1/2022 1:50 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:
The references to the sale of built up boxcars bought to mind a topic that I had almost forgotten.A reference was made to the work of quality modelers selling at a premium.
Bill Welch has ben a major player on the Prototype Community for over fifteen yearts.  What has become of his collection on his passing?  I hzave spoken to several members 
who were involved in the Memoial Tribute to Bill and they have no idea.  I had heard that some of his airplane models (Yes, he was into that as well) were sold at a prototype 
meet. There has, however, been no mention to my knowledge as to what has happened to his marvelous freight cars.

Does anyone have any information?

Bill Pardie 

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.