Re: Kar-Line Wabash model

Jim Pattison

Tim, thank you for the answer and the pictures

Jim

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Sunday, July 3, 2022 11:30 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Kar-Line Wabash model

Jim, that is the ancient ATHEARN 50 foot box car body based (loosely) on the Santa Fe Fe-24.
The riveting to the right of the doors is not found on anyone else's box cars. (See ATSF 4398)

The car number on the model is wrong - it should be "19251" instead of "9251" - which would be
a valid number for a postwar 50 foot double door car - but the Athearn car is not a match for it.

Wabash 18005 (attached) is the same era car ( 5/5 dreadnaught ends ) as the Athearn model,
but the Proto 2000 (now Walthers) model is a far better model, and it's correct for the 18005.

Tim O'Connor

On 7/3/2022 1:29 PM, Jim Pattison wrote:

>> I saw this Kar-Line model of a Wabash 50 foot 2 door boxcar on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334320448798

 And it appears to have the same side panel spacing as an Atlas post war car that I have lettered for the SP.
I know it is completely wrong for the SP but would like to know if it is correct for the Wabash

Sterling, Massachusetts