Pullman-Standard Boxcar wild goose chase

Richard Townsend

I am looking at a photo that includes part of the end of a boxcar. The boxcar has a nine-rib PS proprietary end, like the so-called PS-0. I can see no reporting marks and only the last three digits of the car number, which I think are 071 (might be 971). The car end is painted a light enough color that the car number is in a dark color (i.e. it's dark on light rather than the "normal" light on dark). The car does not have a turtle-back roof. Does the end style, partial car number, and painting practice provide anyone enough clues to identify the car?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR