Richard

It looks like a gondola..
Paul Doggett

On 3 Jul 2022, at 20:59, Richard Townsend via groups.io <richtownsend@...> wrote:

Yes. I was hoping the description would be enough. It's here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403749659026?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jul 3, 2022 12:52 pm
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Pullman-Standard Boxcar wild goose chase

believe it or not, the rest of us cannot see that photo

On 7/3/2022 3:47 PM, Richard Townsend via groups.io wrote:
I am looking at a photo that includes part of the end of a boxcar. The boxcar has a nine-rib PS proprietary end, like the so-called PS-0. I can see no reporting marks and only the last three digits of the car number, which I think are 071 (might be 971). The car end is painted a light enough color that the car number is in a dark color (i.e. it's dark on light rather than the "normal" light on dark). The car does not have a turtle-back roof. Does the end style, partial car number, and painting practice provide anyone enough clues to identify the car?

Richard Townsend

Sterling, Massachusetts