Re: Accurail single sheathed box cars (was CNJ 12000 series)

Benjamin Hom

Tim O'Connor wrote:
"The 8 panel is a CN car, originally offered in resin from either Des Plaines Valley or F&C or by the RPI hobby shop.... (the RPI kits were I think cast by F&C, as I think the Yankee Clipper cars were as well)."

Not F&C/RPI, but Des Plaines Valley.  The Des Plaines Valley model represents the CN cars as built, with wooden roof and extra horizontal truss member in the left-most panel.

Funaro did casting for a number of third parties, including RPI, Yankee Clipper, Sunshine, Central Hobby and several historical societies.

"Come to think of it, the IC car also was offered in resin by RPI and now is part of the F&C line."

No. Not the prototype represented by Accurail 6-panel SS car.  The RPI IC kit is the SS automobile boxcar converted to general service boxcars by sheathing over the auxiliary door opening, creating a "missing" diagonal.

Ben Hom