Re: GATC 1948 design numbers

Tim O'Connor

They were not built in huge numbers as far as I know. GATC also built riveted tank cars of the
same size at the same time -- Those were imported in HO scale brass by Drake, and I think there
was an HO scale resin kit for them as well. GATC also built 8k insulated cars in 1948 including this
Celanese Chemical tank.  If you know of other insulated cars and have photos please share them
with David Lehlbach at Tangent! :-)

Tim O'Connor

On 7/10/2022 10:19 PM, nyc3001 . wrote:

How many GATC 1948-design ICC-103 tank cars were built? I have two of the Tangent model but don't know if more would be justifiable.

-Phil Lee

Sterling, Massachusetts