Re: maker of small drill bits (#78, #80) for hand drilling resin kits

Dennis Storzek <dennis@...>

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 10:32 AM, Philip Dove wrote:
At an Nmra convention in Kansas City l attended a clinic on building structures and the person used hypodermic needles for making small holes. The method works in thin plastics and card but the holes are too big for grabs in 3.5 mm scale.
Actually, the method I described, stoning a diagonal flat on the shank of a broken drill mimics the shape of a hypodermic needle without the hole. It drills soft materials OK, but takes a lot of turns due to cutting via scraping, which is why I suggested driving it in a speed controlled motor tool.

Dennis Storzek