Re: Need help with Canadian Tank Cars

Brian Stokes

Darrall,

Nice to see another Coutts/Sweetgrass modeller. My first real prototype-based layout was Shelby to Coutts ca. 1965.

Have you looked at the traffic patterns through this interchange in your era? I'm always curious about the petroleum sector and what products might flow across the border as I know domestic production followed very specific patterns. What type of tank cars would you see there?

The Hindsight2020 series of online RPM has had a couple of very good presentations lately on British American tank car modelling that you might also find interesting and useful.

Cheers,

--
Brian Stokes
North Point Street in Proto:48