Farming Loads

JGG KahnSr <jacekahn@...>

There is a photo in Ed Lewis's Arcade and Attica book of six or eight woodside gondolas (the lead one is an Erie) and a large placard announcing "a trainload of Michigan limestone for Wyoming County agriculture" (or something very similar), taken in the 1920's. I conjecture some lime came as a by-product of quarrying limestone, some may have been a primary product of a rock-crusher operation.
Jace Kahn

Does anybody know the source of lime for agricultural use?
It too is a fertilizer, but has to be applied very sparingly. I've been told it
will 'burn' the soil.
Clark Propst