Re: Photo: PRR Boxcar 570062 (1941)


Guy Wilber
 

Bruce Smith wrote:

“The last batch of X29s built, post 1930, were built with experimental AB brakes with a transverse mounted reservoir. When these were upgraded to the more conventional AB brakes, by and large they retained the transverse mounting.”

What was a “more conventional” “AB” brake system?  The PRR changed out the existing system on 925 cars due to minor changes in the control valve and the later cast steel reservoir?  Seems as though the money would have been better spent towards converting “K” brakes to “AB” systems on older cars.  When was that program implemented?  

Regards,

Guy Wilber
Reno, Nevada


Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.