Re: UP 40' Double door automobile car

Ken Adams

I have been working on a repaint/decal of the RTR Trix UP A-50-16.  The body is considered fairly accurate according to most authorities. The under side and underframe is where I am hung up as I have to build a completely scratch underframe AND add the Evans Loader chain cylinders which are visible below the side sills. These impacted the location of the brake gear components attached to the underframe and underside.

Decaling still in very slow progress.

I am still looking for an accurate plan showing the underside brake and loader component placement.

National Scale Car has this decal with white lettering and which is correct until the UP switched to all yellow lettering in 1947. These cars were probably still mostly in white and yellow in the early 1950's, my modeling period.
--
Ken Adams
Omicron BA2.2 may come and go but I still live mostly in splendid Shelter In Place solitude