Re: General Petroleum Tank Cars

Eric Hansmann

Neat cars. I see US Safety Appliance stencils on both cars. This lettering requirement was eliminated in 1925

GPCX 259 has a builder stencil on the frame above the left truck: Built 2 (or 8) 1918 by Penna. Tank Co. Sharon, PA Shop.

A similar build stencil is on GPCX 203, but I can’t quite read it.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Jul 17, 2022, at 4:45 PM, Richard Wilkens <railsnw123@...> wrote:

Besides building new freight cars Pacific Car & Foundry also rebuilt numerous cars. In 1927 they cleaned and painted 5 tank cars for General Petroleum in Seattle. Here are photos of GPCX 203 and 259. Pacific Northwest Railroad Archive Collection.

Richard Wilkens
<_042.jpg>
<_044.jpg>
<_045.jpg>