Re: UTLX Class X Tank Car Build

Steve and Barb Hile

At least the first car in this sequence is a UTLX X-3 10000 gallon tank, like the coming Rapido model.

Steve Hile

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2022 5:29 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] UTLX Class X Tank Car Build

I dunno, Bruce. As in most things, I think it 'depends' on what is being modeled. Large numbers
of 8,000 gallon and lesser numbers of 10,000 gallon tank cars ARA III/ICC103 were predominant
for petroleum transport (the predominant tank car cargo) for several decades.

Tim O'Connor

On 7/17/2022 5:34 PM, Bruce Smith wrote:

Bottom line? For the purposes of this list, trains of tank cars should resemble trains of boxcars, with a stairstep effect (albeit perhaps more subtle) due to the variety of cars in service.

Regards,

Bruce Smith

Sterling, Massachusetts