Re: Alaska Railroad Hart Convertible Ballast Gondola ARR 1443

Lloyd Keyser

Branch Line did the car in their Blueprint series. One in the yellow and green and the other in the grey scheme.
I assembled four each and they do take a little work besides changing to AB brakes. The biggest problem I  had and took the longest time to correct was the sides of my cars were thicker than the side inset. In other words when you looked at the end of the car you saw two yellow stripes down each side. I thinned my sides down to match the depth of the side to get rid of the yellow. The lettering on the grey cars was acceptable but the Y/G sides had the wrong color of green which did not fully cover and did not match the darker ends and the lettering was not good. I stripped the sides, repainted and redecaled with Westerfield decals. I do not know  if these problems were corrected in later runs or not. LK

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 1:47 PM Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:
Which Hart convertible gondola design? I believe there were several options down through the decades.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Jul 18, 2022, at 2:29 PM, Lloyd Keyser <lloydkeyser@...> wrote:

Sure wish someone  would do the Hart cars in 3D. It should be a good seller as most railroads had them and were also used in cinder service. LK