Re: Northern Pacific Automobile Box Car NP 8029

Robert kirkham

Fair points Gene.  I note the vertical edges of lettering on the car side in the builders photo do not waiver at the supposed beveled board edges, so it must only be an odd lighting situation?

Rob

On Jul 18, 2022, at 12:24 PM, Gene Deimling <proto48@...> wrote:

Rob
You might be reading a bit too much into the builder's photo.  The pictures I have seen including the one attached suggest traditional tongue and groove siding without any groove.
I included a portion of the builder's drawing showing the cross section of the wood sheathing.  It definitelyshows no groove.

Gene Deimling
<NP 8070 - WWANFC-01-172.jpg><NP 8000-8199 selected.jpg>