Re: WWII oil transport

George Eichelberger

The Southern Railway group’s archives contain quite a few orders for “MAIN” trains and freight movements. Understandably, most of the specific movement records are on the Southern but all/most of the various ODT bulletins are in the collection. (The bulletin that “trapped” all “western” tank cars east of the Mississippi must have been quite a shock.)

A couple of years ago I attempted find where the ODT archives were located. I wrote the Army Transportation Corp. museum at Ft. Eustis, VA but never received a response. Does anyone know where the ODT files are located?

Ike