Re: WWII oil transport

John Barry

Ike,

It depends, NARA San Bruno has ODT records from the San Francisco Field Office.  That is where I found the detention report that was the basis of my blog post.  Some of the Office of Defense Transportation. Highway Transport Department. Federal Operations Division are in Kansas City.  Most of the records should be at the main archive in College Park, MD.  https://www.archives.gov/research/guide-fed-records/groups/219.html?_ga=2.208343057.2099560646.1658175892-1167037926.1658175892 is a listing of the holdings in Record Group 219.

The collection of ODT bulletins would be a welcome addition to my information sources.  Any chance of obtaining PDF copies?

John

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

On Monday, July 18, 2022 at 04:01:15 PM EDT, George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:

The Southern Railway group’s archives contain quite a few orders for “MAIN” trains and freight movements. Understandably, most of the specific movement records are on the Southern but all/most of the various ODT bulletins are in the collection. (The bulletin that “trapped” all “western” tank cars east of the Mississippi must have been quite a shock.)

A couple of years ago I attempted find where the ODT archives were located. I wrote the Army Transportation Corp. museum at Ft. Eustis, VA but never received a response. Does anyone know where the ODT files are located?

Ike