Re: Northern Pacific Automobile Box Car NP 8029

Bruce Smith

Rob,

It is definitely plain tongue and groove. Some people are thinking of V or V and Center V siding, but this car is not that type of siding. While there is an occasional and variable small reveal between boards, the reveal is neither consistent, nor does it reflect to a change of height on the board side. In other words, what I see is a flat board, a slight reveal, and a flat board. That to me is tongue and groove with some slight variation in the milling of the board, or the tongue/groove, providing minor variability in the alignment of the boards.

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL