From: gary laakso <vasa0vasa@...>
Date: 7/18/22 1:11 PM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Amarillo Railroad Museum FW&D Covered Hopper

The two models arrived and are visual delights, though unlike the InterMountain CB&Q version of these covered hoppers, the roof is not black.  The wonderful article by Ed Hawkins about these cars in the Railway Prototype Cyclopedia, Volume 30 , describes these covered hoppers: “The sides, ends. Slope sheets and AB brake parts received miner red paint.  Black car cement was applied to the roof, hopper bottoms and outlets.  The trucks were also black. “  p.97

Any suggestions for a Tru Color black to represent black car cement?

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock