Re: Rebuilt Milwaukee Road Box Cars

Jack Mullen

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 07:24 PM, Kenneth Montero wrote:
The arch bar truck with leaf springs is unusual.
It's a swing motion archbar truck, reasonably popular around the ToC.
Was this type of truck replaced by the T-section truck with coil springs?
On these cars?  Maybe, but  hard to say from the photo evidence, since we lack a "before" shot showing the cars on their trucks. One photo shows boxcar bodies loaded on flatcars interspersed with other flatcars carrying T-section trucks. Does this mean the car bodies and trucks were shipped to PC&F like this?   Do we even know whether the archbar truck photo belongs with this project?

Jack Mullen