From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Dennis Storzek <dennis@...>
Date: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 at 2:01 PM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Northern Pacific Automobile Box Car NP 8029

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 07:52 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Attached a photo of what new horizontal sheathing usually looks like.

But Tim, the photo of NP 8029 is also of a new car. The only difference is 1) the gloss level of the paint, 2) the angle of the lighting. I have often suspected that some builders photos were taken of cars specially painted for the photo; most obvious in the photos of cars painted gray with black lettering, but why not matte finish to best show off the design features without the distracting highlights?

Dennis Storzek