Re: Alaska Railroad Hart Convertible Ballast Gondola ARR 1443

Lloyd Keyser

Thanks Ken, the Silver Streak car is not as detailed as I would like. The SP car that Tony talked about is a very nice car but not quite like the CNW cars that had higher sides and the end side panels were different with grab irons. I was referring to the Alaska car. The SP cars would be a good stand in. LK

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 9:52 PM Kenneth Montero <va661midlo@...> wrote:
Walthers, in the Silver Streak line, made a Hart convertible gondola. I don't know how close it came to the prototype that you are trying to model. That kit does show up periodically on Ebay (including now) and elsewhere.

Ken Montero

On 07/18/2022 2:47 PM Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

Which Hart convertible gondola design? I believe there were several options down through the decades.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Jul 18, 2022, at 2:29 PM, Lloyd Keyser <lloydkeyser@...> wrote:

Sure wish someone  would do the Hart cars in 3D. It should be a good seller as most railroads had them and were also used in cinder service. LK