Re: Accurail single sheathed box cars (was CNJ 12000 series)

lsittler

Thanks Clark. I have some of those Testor enamels. Appreciate the help. Les Sittler

From: Clark Propst via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 11:19 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Accurail single sheathed box cars (was CNJ 12000 series)

Clark- What paint brand are you using to tint the Dullcote- Floquil or Scalecoat? Les Sittler

Tough to find model paint in these parts anymore. I used Testors little rectangular bottles, enamel I think. I save old Testors liquid cement bottles (use a lot building structures) add a 50/50 mix of Dullcote and lacquer  thinner with a few drops if color. As I use the tinted mix and add more liquid the tint opacity varies.

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa