From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Hutchison <rayhutchison2@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at 9:18 AM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Aluminum Box Cars?

There was an Illinois Central aluminum box car on E-bay last week.  Not so interested in the car, but it did get me to thinking... Great Northern had one (only) aluminum box car.  Ebay had a NP aluminum box car listed a while ago.  Where these only experimental cars (I think that I read that somewhere, probably in relation to the GN car)?  Or a prototype for some railways?  (Southern Pacific had the silver overnight cars, but not certain if they were aluminum or not).

Ray Hutchison