From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Clark Propst via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2022 10:34 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Aluminum Box Cars?

Off the top of my head the Alton, RI and M&StL all got ten. Maybe another road too? Maybe the same number for the C&O and NKP? But their cars came later with newer designed parts. These cars were built using leftover aluminum sheets from WWII airplanes. I do know two M&StL were damaged. By then the replacement parts were so expensive they used steel parts and painted the cars in their paint scheme in use at the time.

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa