Re: Grab Iron On SFRD 7918

Steve SANDIFER

My problem as well. I have considered chucking it in the vice and filing down some areas specifically for often used sizes. Just have not gotten “a round tuit.”

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bruce Smith
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2022 10:45 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Grab Iron On SFRD 7918

Bill,

I have this tool and I have to admit that I struggle to make it work. The steps are not in any particularly useful HO scale dimension so I am always having to figure out which step to use. I find it easier to just use needle nose pliers, but ymmv.

Regards,

Bruce

Bruce Smith

Auburn, Al

From: main@... <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of wrlyders via groups.io <blyders@...>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2022 9:13 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Grab Iron On SFRD 7918

CAUTION: Email Originated Outside of Auburn.

This grab iron thread has been going on for quite a while. But I have never seen a mention of a super grab iron tool at Micro Mark that has made the many grab irons I have had to make for my scratch built HO and O-scale cars: #84745 Grab Iron Bending Gauge

I have attached a picture of it. Enjoy!!

Bill

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Chaparro via groups.io
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2022 11:56 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Grab Iron On SFRD 7918

Yes. 

Someone else pointed out that the standoff bracket is very slightly bent upward so that might account for the crooked grab iron.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.