Re: FW & D Covered Hopper - Too Much Information

Jim Betz

Charlie,

  Looks like it will be a great car when done.

  FWIW - when applying paint that is to represent "roof cement" I apply it with
a brush and move the brush in ways that simulate the way that roof cement
is applied on the prototype (using a mop instead of a brush, roller, or sprayed).
  I don't like to get it too noticeable but I don't want it to be smooth nor linear.
One way I get this effect is to 'push' the brush instead of the normal brush
strokes.  And also using side to side motions as well.  I like to think of the
way that the janitors in my grade school mopped the floor.

                                                   - Jim in the PNW