Re: Just say ‘thanks for your trouble’

Eric Hansmann

Public flogging by email can push someone completely out of our hobby. We all have personal or work issues that flare up and consume our time. My own attention has been diverted to several family issues since early June. And I was kicked to the curb by Covid for several days to start July. Email has not been a priority.

I suggest a follow up email in a few days. Encourage the modeler to snap and send a few progress images. They might not start the model for another month. I started a Westy kit June 1st and it’s been lagging on my workbench. Other issues have demanded my attention and hobby time has suffered. It happens to us all.

Now excuse me while I finish mowing the lawn before it hits 90 degrees.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Jul 22, 2022, at 9:40 AM, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Don't give up  Charlie, while there are a few bad eggs out there most of us will appreciate your efforts
Fenton

On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 8:37 AM Charlie Duckworth via groups.io <Worth51=duck.com@groups.io> wrote:

After posting images of a resin car I’d built recently I received a private email saying that the sender had bought the same car at a swap meet and it was missing the instructions and PDS.  He asked if I could send him the paperwork.   I went down to basement and got my scanner, located the paperwork, scanned and emailed what he’d asked for probably 20 minutes of effort.  No response on receiving my email for the past two days so I asked him yesterday ‘did you get my PDF’?

Still being ghosted - needless to say it makes one think twice about helping the next guy when this happens.

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

--