Re: Just say ‘thanks for your trouble’

Charlie Vlk

Charlie and All-

Most Model Railroaders are appreciative of others when they extend a courtesy.

Perhaps it is just an instance of life (or these days illness!) getting in the way.   I’ve had stuff fall throught the cracks and not see responses to questions I’ve posed until I start doing a cleanup of my inbox due to being away…between business, the groups I belong to and unsolicited junk I get upwards of 200 emails a day.

If it is just ignorance perhaps the jailer might want to watch out for any further posts from the individual looking for help!

Charlie Vlk

Don't give up  Charlie, while there are a few bad eggs out there most of us will appreciate your efforts

Fenton

On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 8:37 AM Charlie Duckworth via groups.io <Worth51=duck.com@groups.io> wrote:

After posting images of a resin car I’d built recently I received a private email saying that the sender had bought the same car at a swap meet and it was missing the instructions and PDS.  He asked if I could send him the paperwork.   I went down to basement and got my scanner, located the paperwork, scanned and emailed what he’d asked for probably 20 minutes of effort.  No response on receiving my email for the past two days so I asked him yesterday ‘did you get my PDF’?

Still being ghosted - needless to say it makes one think twice about helping the next guy when this happens.

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

._,_._,_