Re: Preserved cars in northwestern PA

Eric Hansmann

There’s a cool 36-foot double sheathed box car on display beside US 19 in Meadville. It’s lettered for the B&LE but I think it was built for their sister line Union Railroad in the Teens.

Voodoo Brewing is nearby for some suds.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Jul 30, 2022, at 11:44 AM, Robert G P <bobgp5109@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I will be in Pittsburgh and Northwestern PA and the most eastern point of OH this weekend and am curious if there are any accessible preserved/stored/derelict transition era cars of any type known to be in the region along (and not far from) the I-79 corridor north of Pittsburgh? Or in the vicinity of Pittsburgh? Even as far East as Erie?

Will also be watching trains in Pitts as well.

Thanks a lot!
-Bob