Re: Preserved cars in northwestern PA

Robert G P

Thank you guys a lot! Very handy information!

-Bob

On Sat, Jul 30, 2022 at 3:46 PM Schleigh Mike via groups.io <mike_schleigh=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bob!

Titusville (Oil Creek & Titusville) has a three-compartment Standard Tank Car Shell Tanker we have mentioned in the past.  Lake Shore Railway at North East (just east of Erie on US 20) has an AC&F built X-3 as well as a number of freight and passenger cars.  Not to mention quite a collection of GE locos and a nifty fireless Heisler.  Lots of freight trains on the old NYC and NKP main lines right at the station museum.

Regards from Grove City (right along your route) in Penna----Mike Schleigh

On Saturday, July 30, 2022, 11:44:45 AM EDT, Robert G P <bobgp5109@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I will be in Pittsburgh and Northwestern PA and the most eastern point of OH this weekend and am curious if there are any accessible preserved/stored/derelict transition era cars of any type known to be in the region along (and not far from) the I-79 corridor north of Pittsburgh? Or in the vicinity of Pittsburgh? Even as far East as Erie?

Will also be watching trains in Pitts as well.

Thanks a lot!
-Bob