Re: Munshaw Canada slide Canadian Pacific CPR dock yard scene

Dennis Storzek

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 02:03 PM, Alexander Schneider Jr wrote:
Could someone explain why the bottom 2/3 of the stock cars was gray and the top 1/3 red? If this was lime or something similar used as a disinfectant, should we be doing something similar on stock cars of other roads?
Not unless the prototype painted them white as the Canadian roads did. The law in Canada was stock cars were to be disinfected with lime, and the white paint hid the lime stains, or so I've been told.

Dennis Storzek