Re: stock car capacity

Philip Dove

I got about 30 plastic pigs into my 40 foot single deck stock car. The change in weight was noticeable. I resorted to cutting and pasting pictures of animals then putting them together as a scale 40 foot long herd, printing the same in mirror image and mounting these on a piece of transparent plastic down the middle of the car, in HO scale. It looks good. I also unravelled some straw coloured sewing thread and put a few fibrestraped in the door and an odd bit poking through the slats.
I have wondered about mounting only one line of critters on transparent plastic then putting a plastic mirror on the other side so the car might appear empty or full, but this is a theory.