Re: stock car capacity

Nelson Moyer

I’m in dire need of market ready plastic pigs for my stock pens, and I haven’t found a source. Any suggestions on where I can find them?

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Philip Dove
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2022 6:01 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] stock car capacity

I got about 30 plastic pigs into my 40 foot single deck stock car. The change in weight was noticeable. I resorted to cutting and pasting pictures of animals then putting them together as a scale 40 foot long herd, printing the same in mirror image and mounting these on a piece of transparent plastic down the middle of the car, in HO scale. It looks good. I also unravelled some straw coloured sewing thread and put a few fibrestraped in the door and an odd bit poking through the slats.

I have wondered about mounting only one line of critters on transparent plastic then putting a plastic mirror on the other side so the car might appear empty or full, but this is a theory.