Re: A few reefers unloading produce in Chicago

Jeffrey White

Does anyone know when Santa Fe started this and if it was the complete reporting mark or just the car number?  DO I need to put reporting marks on the roofs of my Santa Fe reefers on my 1955 layout?  It seems like it would be a neat detail to add.

Jeff White

Alma IL

On 7/31/2022 2:31 PM, Dennis Storzek via groups.io wrote:

Take notice that the near most reefer on the right (upon which the photographer is standing) has the reporting mark stenciled on the roof, which I think is a Santa Fe thing. Also, for dating purposes, one of the PFE reefers in the distance has the location of the UP and SP heralds reversed, which was done after the plug door cars arrived, but I don't recall the year... In fact, it is a plug door car.

Dennis Storzek